Description of the award
A $10,000 award will be given to the chosen recipient at the annual Recognition Award Gala of the Palais des congrès de Montréal.
The recipient will also benefit from the following:
- a certificate of excellence from the IRSST to highlight his or her commitment to OHS;
- an additional amount (up to a maximum of $7,500) to reimburse the costs of two trips or other eligible expenses incurred for the purpose of formalizing the arrangements for holding such an event in Montreal; and
- high visibility (joint news release with the Palais des congrès de Montréal, mention of the recipient’s name and posting of his or her photograph on the IRSST and Palais des congrès de Montréal websites, article in the Institute’s InfoIRSST electronic newsletter, article in Prévention au travail magazine, mention on the blog of the Palais des congrès de Montréal, Ambassadors’ Gala, etc.)
- The applicant  must be affiliated with a Quebec research institution;
- have Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status in Canada within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (SC 2001, chapter 27) at the time the application is submitted; and
- be domiciled in Quebec.
- The application must be written in English or French.
The steps taken by the applicant to attract a major national or international OHS conference to Montreal must have begun within the past five years.
The number of expected attendees must be 150 or more.
Application evaluation process
Applications will be evaluated by a panel composed of two IRSST scientists from different disciplines and of one representative of the Ambassadors’ Club of the Palais des congrès de Montréal.
The following evaluation criteria will be applied:
the position held by the applicant on a scientific committee or an organizing committee of a conference;
the extent of the applicant’s involvement in the scientific committee or organizing committee of the conference;
the pertinence of attracting such a conference to Montreal in terms of the IRSST’s research priorities;
the IRSST’s anticipated impact and influence due to the holding of such a conference in Montreal; and
the applicant’s general experience in organizing major scientific events.
Application submission procedures
The deadline for submitting an application is January 31, 2019.
The application must include the following:
the duly completed application form,
the applicant’s curriculum vitae, and
the most recent edition of the conference program.
Announcement of the results
The results will be announced and the award officially handed out in 2019 at the Recognition Award Gala of the Palais des congrès de Montréal. The IRSST reserves the right not to grant the IRSST/Ambassadors’ Club Joint Award if it considers that none of the applications submitted meet the eligibility requirements and evaluation criteria.
Requests for information about the IRSST/Ambassadors’ Club Joint Award should be addressed to:
Research Management Advisor
514 288IRSST-1551, ext. 274
 A scientist or a research team can also apply for this award.