The IRSST’s Research Fund Division is seeking partnership proposals for the purpose of developing collaborative initiatives that include the co-funding of OHS research projects.
The partnerships sought by the IRSST can take different forms. They could, for example, involve collaboration agreements to:
- co-fund a single OHS project,
- co-fund one or more projects on an annual or multi-annual basis, or
- loan the services of a member of the IRSST’s scientific team to help carry out an OHS project.
The research projects defined in the partnership agreements could, for example, involve producing or carrying out:
- a state-of-the art review,
- exploratory or feasibility-related activities,
- new initiatives,
- activities prerequisite to developing a larger-scale project; or
- specific or emerging research activities requiring expertise unavailable at the IRSST.
Envelope Available for the Research Partnerships
For the years 2022 and 2023, the IRSST’s Research Fund Division plans to allocate a maximum amount of $100,000 per year for the co-funding of all research projects included in the partnership agreements signed. For subsequent years, the budget could be increased, depending on the funding available.
Public or private organizations (such as groups or networks of researchers, research hubs, action and research centres) interested in co-funding research initiatives carried out by researchers who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and affiliated with a Québec research institution or post-secondary educational institution are eligible for this program.
Research projects defined within partnership agreements between the IRSST and collaborating organizations must also follow the general guidelines for the grant programs of the IRSST’s Research Fund with regard to eligible expenses and ethical considerations, if applicable.