Five groups were awarded the status of “associated research team” for the following programs:
- industrial toxicology, Université de Montréal, Director Jules Brodeur ;
- epidemiology of occupational injuries, McGill University, Director J. Corbett McDonald ;
- epidemiology of occupational cancer, Institut Armand-Frappier, Director Jack Siemiatycki ;
- biomedical engineering, École polytechnique de Montréal, Director Gilles Drouin ;
- pathophysiology and early screening for pneumoconioses, Université de Sherbrooke, Director Raymond Bégin.
A sixth associated team emerged in time: the research group, Department of Biology, Université du Québec à Montréal, under Director Luc Desnoyers.